UNITED TO BRIDGE THE DIGITAL DIVIDE
We seek to advance digital equity and inclusion in the Chippewa Valley by improving access to the internet, devices, digital skills training, and tech support for households faced with barriers. The internet is no longer a luxury but a necessity to connect students, workers, and families with the resources they need to succeed in the world. Whether its gaining education, accessing healthcare, managing finances, growing careers, or connecting with family and friends, we know that those impacted by the digital divide do not have the same opportunity to participate in society.
WHY IT MATTERS
- 63,112 households in the Chippewa Valley are not able to use broadband home internet
- 34,820 households in the Chippewa Valley have no computer at home
- 65% of households that do not subscribe to broadband in Wisconsin face a cost burden
- The following populations are most at risk of being left behind: Adults 60+, veterans, those with disabilities, members of a racial or ethnic minority group, rural residents, individuals with a language barrier, ALICE (Asset Limited Income Constrained Employed) households, and incarcerated individuals
WHAT WE WILL ACHIEVE
We will ensure digital equity & inclusion for all Chippewa Valley community members. Community members will have the resources they need to access the internet in an affordable way that meets their needs.
- Broadband Access – increase the number of reliable and affordable internet service connections.
- Devices – increase supply of high-quality, cost-efficient devices.
- Digital Skills Training – increase training for usage of devices.
- Tech Support – increase tech support to assist residents with device issues.
Since the Digital Equity & Inclusion Initiative began in 2022:
Chippewa Valley households enrolled in the Affordable Connectivity Program as a result of community outreach and enrollment efforts
devices distributed to households in the ALICE population
partners collaborating with us to bridge the digital divide
To find out if you qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), click the button below.
Click on an ACP guide below in various languages to learn more about this program. These guides provide the same overview as the above Affordable Connectivity Program button, but they are in print format.
También puede encontrar la guía del programa a continuación en varios idiomas.
Koj tuaj yeem nrhiav tau cov lus qhia hauv qab no ua ntau hom lus.
If you would like step-by-step instructions to walk you through the ACP application process, click the button below.
United Way of the Greater Chippewa Valley offers high-quality, cost-efficient refurbished devices to those who qualify. View eligibility information below. Order a device today or check back soon for upcoming device distributions.