The 2022 Day of Caring will be held Friday, September 16.
Day of Caring Submissions and Registrations
Interested in being a part of the largest volunteer event in the Chippewa Valley? Here are some project requirements and helpful tips to make sure your organization and the volunteer team assigned to your project both have a great experience.
- Projects must be completed on Friday, September 16, 2022, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. to be a part of Day of Caring.
- Fully complete the project submission form below. The more detail you can provide the better.
- Projects must be located in Chippewa or Eau Claire County.
- Special exceptions may be made for sites outside of Chippewa or Eau Claire County if the program serves Chippewa and Eau Claire residents. Please contact Amanda at email@example.com or 715-834-5043 if you feel that your project falls within this category.
- You must have enough tools and/or supplies available for volunteers.
- If you do not have enough tools for volunteers, please call out that need on your project submission form.
- Fundraising cannot be an element of your Day of Caring project.
- A representative from your organization must be present and accessible to volunteers during the entire project.
- Please do not keep volunteers longer than requested.
- If your project goes longer than you planned, please do not make volunteers feel obligated to stay. If volunteers choose to stay longer on their own that of course is totally fine!
The more volunteers, the better.
Any-size project can be submitted. However, projects with 5 or more volunteers have a better chance of volunteers being assigned to them because volunteer team size is usually 5 or more people.
Three hours is the sweet spot.
You can submit a project that takes 1 hour or 8 hours, but the most popular time frame for volunteers to be available is 2-4 hours. That being said, there are teams that are available all day and looking for longer projects.
Morning projects are most popular.
Most projects take place in the morning starting at 8:30 or 9 a.m. However, there are always teams looking for later morning or early afternoon projects, too.
You may not have a project, but what about a person or family you serve?
We welcome you to reach out to individuals and families you know are in need. Volunteers love to help out people at their homes with general maintenance and upkeep projects!