Chippewa Valley Volunteer Guide
Volunteers power the Chippewa Valley! Whether it's reading to a child, helping serve a meal, working at a community event or providing guidance as a board member, volunteers play diverse and valuable roles in the Chippewa Valley. The fact is, without volunteer support many of our community events and programs would be far less effective or nonexistent.
In an effort to help drive volunteerism, United Way of the Greater Chippewa Valley produces an annual volunteer guide. This volunteer guide helps residents find volunteer opportunities that are a good fit for themselves, their families or groups they are a part of.
Visit our Volunteer Guidebook for a listing of places you can volunteer in the Chippewa Valley! (Click image or text link to view the guide now.)
Current United Way Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer for Successful Children’s Network
We are currently recruiting volunteers for:
- Book Buddies: Volunteer on an on-going basis to read to children at local child care centers.
- Literacy Kit Assembly: Help with assembly of literacy kits in preparation for Nov. 2017 United Way Book Month.
- Born Learning Trail: Participate in installation of trail by digging holes for signposts, assembling the signs, placing signs in concrete, and painting stencils on sidewalk. There is also an annual opportunity to help with maintenance of trail.
Current Program Partner Volunteer Opportunities
River Source Family Center
- Enjoy children
- Model patience and compassion
- Be willing to participate in child-led play
- Pass a background check
- Be over the age of 16
- Commit to attending each of the sessions agreed upon.
Is your organization looking for volunteers to help further your mission? If so, United Way of the Greater Chippewa Valley would like to include you in our next Volunteer Guide. This guide is continually seeing increased distribution at volunteer fairs and United Way events, and is available upon request and via our website.
All we ask is that you click the link below and fill out the pdf form. This can be filled out online and printed from your computer, then fax to 715-834-0425, e-mail to email@example.com or mail to 3603 N. Hastings Way, Suite 200, Eau Claire, WI 54703.
Our Volunteer Guide is created every April, so if you’ve missed the current year’s, still send it in to us and we’ll make sure to include you next year.