UNITED TO BRIDGE THE DIGITAL DIVIDE
We seek to advance digital equity and inclusion in Eau Claire County by improving access to the internet, devices, digital skills training, and tech support for households faced with barriers. The internet is no longer a luxury but a necessity to connect students, workers, and families with the resources they need to succeed in the world. Whether its gaining education, accessing healthcare, managing finances, growing careers, or connecting with family and friends, we know that those impacted by the digital divide do not have the same opportunity to participate in society.
WHY IT MATTERS
- 93% of Americans use the internet
- Minorities, older generations, people with disabilities, low-income households, and rural communities are most at risk of being left behind
- 4,688 households in Eau Claire County have no internet access
- 5,964 individuals in Eau Claire County have no computer at home
WHAT WE WILL ACHIEVE
We will ensure digital equity & inclusion for all Eau Claire County community members. Community members will have the resources they need to access the internet that ensures affordability and easy adoption.
- Broadband Access – increase the number of reliable and affordable internet service connections.
- Devices – increase supply of high-quality, cost-efficient devices.
- Digital Skills Training – increase training for usage of devices.
- Tech Support – increase tech support to assist residents with device issues.
To find out if you qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), learn what documents you need to apply and how to connect to plans that are free with the ACP, click the button below.
You can also find the program guide below in various languages. These provide the same overview as the above Affordable Connectivity Program button, however, these are in print format.
También puede encontrar la guía del programa a continuación en varios idiomas.
Koj tuaj yeem nrhiav tau cov lus qhia hauv qab no ua ntau hom lus.
If you would like step-by-step instructions to walk you through the ACP application process, click the button below.
United Way of the Greater Chippewa Valley offers high-quality, cost-efficient refurbished devices to those who qualify. View eligibility information below. Order a device today or check back soon for upcoming device distributions.
Upcoming Device Distribution
Feed My People | 2610 Alpine Rd, Eau Claire, WI 54703 | Friday, June 23rd | 10-11:30 a.m.
You can register for a $30 refurbished computer through this device distribution by filling out this Google Form or contacting Amber Scharenbroch via phone at (715) 834-5043. This device distribution has an eligibility requirement. You are eligible if you or your household has income at or below 250% of the Federal Poverty Level or are enrolled in an income-based governmental assistance program (Lifeline, Medicaid, Foodshare, Free and Reduced Cost School Lunch Program, etc.). You must register by Wednesday, June 14th to be considered for this distribution.